WHAT IS SAFECITY?
Safecity is a platform that empowers individuals, communities, police and city government to create safer public and private spaces. Our technology stack collects and analyses crowdsourced, anonymous reports of sexual violence, identifying patterns and key insights. This data enables citizens, communities, civic authorities, police, researchers and policymakers to create safer spaces by:
Safecity is an initiative of the Red Dot Foundation based in Washingon DC, U.S.A and its sister concern Red Dot Foundation based in Mumbai, India. Our dataset is the world’s largest, with 25 participating cities/countries/organizations.
How can you make your city safer?
Sharing your experience helps us identify patterns and create safer spaces.
Take 2 minutes to submit an anonymous report and help make your city more safe.
Download our mobile application:
Safecity empowers your community, organization, police force or city government
Top 5 reasons to get Safecity:
Join us in making our cities safer
Be Safe with Safecity
Safecity provides you with a collection of curated resources ranging from safety products, mobile applications, self defence classes and important legal information to help you stay safe and take necessary action in case you have been harassed. You can reach out to us to connect you to an advocate in our circle.
- October 14, 2021By Disha Sarna Over the past few decades, the rise of women entrepreneurs has been exponential, with women owning 37% of the enterprises [...] Read more
- October 4, 2021
- September 30, 2021By Nivea Jain While the social dimensions of gender inequality are well documented and analyzed, its spatial dimension, i.e., how gender [...] Read more
- September 4, 2021
- August 5, 2021By Akanksha Pandey Menstruation, while the dictionary defines it as, “a cyclical discharging of blood secretions, and tissue debris from [...] Read more
- August 5, 2021
- August 3, 2021Violence against women is a global public health issue which becomes a threat to life during emergencies. And that is exactly what happened last [...] Read more
- July 23, 2021Perhaps the best thing that music is known for is its universality. It has been known to cross the barriers of language, space and time, [...] Read more