WHAT IS SAFECITY?
Safecity is a platform that empowers individuals, communities, police and city government to create safer public and private spaces. Our technology stack collects and analyses crowdsourced, anonymous reports of sexual violence, identifying patterns and key insights. This data enables citizens, communities, civic authorities, police, researchers and policymakers to create safer spaces by:
Safecity is an initiative of the Red Dot Foundation based in Washingon DC, U.S.A and its sister concern Red Dot Foundation based in Mumbai, India. Our dataset is the world’s largest, with 25 participating cities/countries/organizations.
How can you make your city safer?
Sharing your experience helps us identify patterns and create safer spaces.
Take 2 minutes to submit an anonymous report and help make your city more safe.
Download our mobile application:
Safecity empowers your community, organization, police force or city government
Top 5 reasons to get Safecity:
Join us in making our cities safer
Be Safe with Safecity
Safecity provides you with a collection of curated resources ranging from safety products, mobile applications, self defence classes and important legal information to help you stay safe and take necessary action in case you have been harassed. You can reach out to us to connect you to an advocate in our circle.
- July 23, 2021Perhaps the best thing that music is known for is its universality. It has been known to cross the barriers of language, space and time, [...] Read more
- July 20, 2021The Matilda Effect is essentially the consistent underrepresentation of women scientists due to incongruence between gender roles and scientific [...] Read more
- July 8, 2021Safecity is committed to creating safer communities for everyone. Our goal is to empower citizens by helping them understand the potential risks [...] Read more
The Pride Month Golden Narrative: The Madras HC Judgement By Justice Venkatesh Instills Hope Among The LGBTQIA+ CommunityJuly 2, 2021Sushama and Another v. Commissioner of Police and others is a case that is drawing our attention and that too for all the right reasons. A [...] Read more
- June 23, 2021The experience of childbearing is often described as amazing and joyous, going as far as labeling it the heyday for women. It is of course a [...] Read more
- June 11, 2021The Covid-19 pandemic has affected everyone, especially with the second wave leading to the collapse of the health system. People have lost their [...] Read more
- June 4, 2021Safecity Monthly Updates – May 2021 Safecity is committed to creating safer communities for everyone. Our goal is to empower citizens by helping [...] Read more
- June 1, 2021Baby! Nice butt! Wanna have sex! Welcome to the daily life of a travelling woman. It does not matter if you are a student going to a coaching [...] Read more