WHAT IS SAFECITY?
Safecity is a platform that empowers individuals, communities, police and city government to create safer public and private spaces. Our technology stack collects and analyses crowdsourced, anonymous reports of sexual violence, identifying patterns and key insights. This data enables citizens, communities, civic authorities, police, researchers and policymakers to create safer spaces by:
Safecity is an initiative of the Red Dot Foundation based in Washingon DC, U.S.A and its sister concern Red Dot Foundation based in Mumbai, India. Our dataset is the world’s largest, with 25 participating cities/countries/organizations.
How can you make your city safer?
Sharing your experience helps us identify patterns and create safer spaces.
Take 2 minutes to submit an anonymous report and help make your city more safe.
Download our mobile application:
Safecity empowers your community, organization, police force or city government
Top 5 reasons to get Safecity:
Join us in making our cities safer
Be Safe with Safecity
Safecity provides you with a collection of curated resources ranging from safety products, mobile applications, self defence classes and important legal information to help you stay safe and take necessary action in case you have been harassed. You can reach out to us to connect you to an advocate in our circle.
- May 5, 2022By Nikita Jha “A woman’s greatest asset is her beauty” British physicist Alex Comfort reportedly said. What is the [...] Read more
- May 4, 2022
- April 29, 2022By Evanshi Mavani There’s a viral image circulating on social media that displays two people in two distinct circumstances. In the first, [...] Read more
- April 8, 2022By Imaan Haque An inevitable facet of traversing the world as a woman is the ceaseless harassment levied on us in public. In India, a [...] Read more
- April 5, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- February 18, 2022By Nikita Jha This article is based on my observation and my personal experience working with young boys and men. Here are a few common [...] Read more
- February 11, 2022By Evanshi Mavani Trigger Warning: Mention of sexual violence For years now in Indian cinema, there’s been nothing as exhilarating [...] Read more