WHAT IS SAFECITY?
Safecity is a platform as a service product that powers communities, police and city government to prevent violence in public and private spaces. Our technology stack collects and analyses crowdsourced, anonymous reports of violent crime, identifying patterns and key insights. This data enables citizens, researchers and policymakers to create safer spaces by:
Safecity is an initiative of the Red Dot Foundation based in Washingon DC, U.S.A and its sister concern Red Dot Foundation based in Mumbai, India. Our dataset is the world’s largest, with 25 participating cities/countries/organizations.
How can you make your city safer?
Sharing your experience helps us identify patterns and create safer spaces.
Take 2 minutes to submit an anonymous report and help make your city more safe.
Download our mobile application:
Safecity empowers your community, organization, police force or city government
Top 5 reasons to get Safecity:
Join us in making our cities safer
Be Safe with Safecity
Safecity provides you with a collection of curated resources ranging from safety products, mobile applications, self defence classes and important legal information to help you stay safe and take necessary action in case you have been harassed. You can reach out to us to connect you to an advocate in our circle.
- April 8, 2021Safecity aims at making our cities safer for every citizen. It is rigorously working towards the fulfillment of this cause by empowerment through [...] Read more
- March 26, 2021The Delhi Metro is an engineering marvel and is hailed as one of the top ten metros in the world in terms of network length and annual ridership. [...] Read more
- March 16, 2021Hi, I am Anthol Barrow, part of the communication team at Reddot Foundation. I have been fortunate to be born and brought up in one of the most [...] Read more
- March 9, 2021Written by Anjali Kumari “Why do you want to earn? There’s no need.” Why the need for women in the family to earn arises only when [...] Read more
- March 2, 2021Safecity aims at making our cities safer for every citizen. It is rigorously working towards the fulfillment of this cause by empowerment through [...] Read more
- February 13, 2021Written by Anjali Kumari Women in Indian society have always been deprived of equal opportunities and expression as their counterpart men have [...] Read more
- February 9, 2021Nida Shaikh is a self-proclaimed feminist and a writer who wants to stay on the right side of history. Pursuing her passion for writing, she has [...] Read more
- February 3, 2021All my life I felt like I don’t know myself and when I finally learned to recognize myself, society doesn’t want to recognize me as a [...] Read more