WHAT IS SAFECITY?
Safecity is a platform that empowers individuals, communities, police and city government to create safer public and private spaces. Our technology stack collects and analyses crowdsourced, anonymous reports of sexual violence, identifying patterns and key insights. This data enables citizens, communities, civic authorities, police, researchers and policymakers to create safer spaces by:
Safecity is an initiative of the Red Dot Foundation based in Washingon DC, U.S.A and its sister concern Red Dot Foundation based in Mumbai, India. Our dataset is the world’s largest, with 25 participating cities/countries/organizations.
How can you make your city safer?
Sharing your experience helps us identify patterns and create safer spaces.
Take 2 minutes to submit an anonymous report and help make your city more safe.
Download our mobile application:
Safecity empowers your community, organization, police force or city government
Top 5 reasons to get Safecity:
Join us in making our cities safer
Be Safe with Safecity
Safecity provides you with a collection of curated resources ranging from safety products, mobile applications, self defence classes and important legal information to help you stay safe and take necessary action in case you have been harassed. You can reach out to us to connect you to an advocate in our circle.
- January 13, 2022By Nidhi Bajpai India is one of the largest and fastest-growing economies in the world. At least that’s what we hear and say! And [...] Read more
- January 4, 2022Safecity is committed to creating safer communities for everyone. Our goal is to empower citizens by helping them understand the potential risks [...] Read more
- December 16, 2021By Disha Sarna Fatphobia can be defined as the fear of fatness, but in a more colloquial sense, it is the prejudice held against fat [...] Read more
- December 9, 2021By Nidhi Bajpai One of the challenges of studying gender differences has been accounting for the role of culture. Women, even today, are [...] Read more
- December 3, 2021Safecity is committed to creating safer communities for everyone. Our goal is to empower citizens by helping them understand the potential risks [...] Read more
- November 25, 2021By Akanksha Pandey Samdosha, Samagnischa, Samadhatumalkriya; Prasannatmendriyamanah, Swastha iti abhidhiyate [...] Read more
- November 18, 2021By Imaan Haque In recent years, the gaming industry has seen an exponential boom. Video games are becoming exceedingly popular, even more [...] Read more
- November 11, 2021By Akanksha Pandey TW// Mention of death “One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roof, or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind [...] Read more